question

pdgsolutions avatar image
pdgsolutions asked Lee Tickett answered

SDK version mismatch

Hi @ll,I've created a mini 2nd generation emulator, which should be done on SDK 27 as per the documentation.The emulator was well generated, all apps were installed, etc...I've published a pretty basic app using SDK 27, but surprisingly when I've tried to push the app to the market, it showed me an error. The highest SDK we can post apps on is 25.I've recreated the app on SDK 25 and pushed to the market. It was then installed automatically on the device but an error saying that the app is not available for the device is displayed when trying to install the app.I presume the error is the SDK version mismatch!Why the mini 2nd gen device SDK is 27 and we can't push apps on that SDK? Why a blank app is not available for the device?
Clover Android SDKEmulator
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered
Damn- forum just lost my reply!
Can you post a screenshot/photo of the error?
You need to set targetSdkVersion to 25 but compileSdkVersion can be higher (we use 28).
We have noticed that the app market displays a message about compatibility when run on an emulator (as it can obviously detect it isn't running on a clover device). You will need to install the app through the merchant dashboard then the app updater should install it on your emulator.
Future versions can then be sideloaded.
Good luck!
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community