question

saad-bin-iqbal avatar image
saad-bin-iqbal asked ·

How to add custom data following a format on the clover system receipt and on web receipt as well?

I need to add custom data on the print receipt that is printed after payment is done for an Order.
I've implemented Custom Tender so I just want to add tender transaction details on the Clover system print receipt following a format whenever my tender is used by Clover registration app to make payment. Please consider attached image to understand the format that I want to add on the clover system and web receipts. lp-receipt-format-png.png
REST APIClover Android SDKPrint
1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Jacob Abrams, @Sam, Please help me guys.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered ·
You can use the Receipt Generation SDK, with the caveat that it will not apply to the web receipt, only the printed receipt. The jist is that you implement a content provider. When receipts are printed, Clover software will call your content provider passing parameters like the order, payment ID. You can either return text or a bitmap, which will be appended to the bottom of the receipt. In your case it's probably a bitmaps.

Here's an example of the content provider:
https://github.com/clover/clover-android-sdk/blob/master/clover-android-sdk-examples/src/main/java/com/clover/android/sdk/examples/PrinterImageProvider.java

You use this to register your provider w/ Clover:
https://github.com/clover/clover-android-sdk/blob/master/clover-android-sdk/src/main/java/com/clover/sdk/v1/printer/ReceiptRegistrationConnector.java
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community