question

saad-bin-iqbal avatar image
saad-bin-iqbal asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

How to add custom data following a format on the clover system receipt and on web receipt as well?

I need to add custom data on the print receipt that is printed after payment is done for an Order.
I've implemented Custom Tender so I just want to add tender transaction details on the Clover system print receipt following a format whenever my tender is used by Clover registration app to make payment. Please consider attached image to understand the format that I want to add on the clover system and web receipts. lp-receipt-format-png.png
REST APIClover Android SDKPrint
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

saad-bin-iqbal avatar image saad-bin-iqbal commented ·

@Jacob Abrams, @Sam, Please help me guys.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered
You can use the Receipt Generation SDK, with the caveat that it will not apply to the web receipt, only the printed receipt. The jist is that you implement a content provider. When receipts are printed, Clover software will call your content provider passing parameters like the order, payment ID. You can either return text or a bitmap, which will be appended to the bottom of the receipt. In your case it's probably a bitmaps.

Here's an example of the content provider:
https://github.com/clover/clover-android-sdk/blob/master/clover-android-sdk-examples/src/main/java/com/clover/android/sdk/examples/PrinterImageProvider.java

You use this to register your provider w/ Clover:
https://github.com/clover/clover-android-sdk/blob/master/clover-android-sdk/src/main/java/com/clover/sdk/v1/printer/ReceiptRegistrationConnector.java
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community