question

liquiddaffodil avatar image
liquiddaffodil asked liquiddaffodil answered

Posting Order to Test Merchants

For some reason, when I post an Order (with Order Items) via the REST to a test merchant, it never shows in the Dashboard. I can "find" it by searching via the Order ID, but it never shows in the standard Orders list. Is this by design, or am I creating the Orders/Items incorrectly?
REST API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

liquiddaffodil avatar image
liquiddaffodil answered
If anyone else has this issue, it appears as though the employee element is required for these to show up properly in the Dashboard. ("employee" : { "id: "xxxxxxx"} }.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Jeffrey Blattman commented
Try setting the order's "state" field to "open".
2 comments
10 |2000

liquiddaffodil avatar image liquiddaffodil commented ·
Yeah, that's what I thought, too...but never shows up like a standard order. I basically set the STATE to OPEN and then just a bare minimum in the payload, and then add a single item. If you can confirm they "should" show up on a test merchant when creating via the REST API I will continue to experiment.
0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ liquiddaffodil commented ·

Well, there's no magic it has to be a difference in your order. I can suggest you get the JSON for an order you can see in the dashboard and compare it to yours.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community