question

ondrejtomcik avatar image
ondrejtomcik asked ondrejtomcik commented

Allow contactless payments on own hardware

Hello. I would like to ask you for help. We have developed own hardware, which has touch screen and NFC reader.

I am interested if we can support only contactless payments on our device and how.

For example, if a customer have visa payvawe/master card paypass/apple pay/ ..., he can click on coffe machine's terminal and pay with card or mobile.

How to achieve this please? It's a new for me and cant find any solution. Tried to chceck multiple api on web but each of them does not work with contactless cards.

Thank you for your help. Ondrej

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered ondrejtomcik commented

I doubt you will be able to integrate your device with Clover. An NFC reader is not sufficient to build an EMVCo compliant payment solution. Your device would need to pass EMVCo contactless L1 and L2 testing and acquirer acceptance testing before it could even be considered. Then it would need to support injection of payment encryption keys from First Data. After you completed that you would need to write an application that runs on Clover and communicates with your device to begin a payment transaction, process the responses and send them to our payment gateway for approval. We most likely have not publicly exposed all the APIs necessary to accomplish that. Currently our Mobile and Mini devices already have contactless support built-in. Our Station device can currently tether via USB with an FD-40 payment terminal (which has contactless support) or a Mini or Mobile so we have a contactless solution for all our existing devices already.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ondrejtomcik avatar image ondrejtomcik commented ·

Okay, so if our device with reader pass L1 and L2 testing and we get encryption keys from first data, we'll be able to process contactless payments (apple pay, visa, mastercard, ...) through Clover. Is that true?

Is it possible to test this concept before this certification? For example with test card on some clover sandbox gateway. To verify, whether it meet our requirements.

Thank you Jacob.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

Even your device was fully compliant, it would need require the creation of a significantly complex application running on Clover devices that integrated tightly with Clover servers and Clover applications such as our Register and Sale app. I believe you should probably speak to a business person about your idea. Please e-mail business@clover.com

0 Likes 0 ·
ondrejtomcik avatar image
ondrejtomcik answered

Okay, so if our device with reader pass L1 and L2 testing and we get encryption keys from first data, we'll be able to process contactless payments (apple pay, visa, mastercard, ...) through Clover. Is that true?

Is it possible to test this concept before this certification? For example with test card on some clover sandbox gateway. To verify, whether it meet our requirements.

Thank you Jacob.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community