question

greg avatar image
greg asked greg edited

Reuse of Clover devices?

For designing my database model properly, I'd like to know if a Clover device in production might change the merchant? What happens to Clover devices if a business is closed? If a change to another merchant is possible, would it get a new device id like ?
1234555-9605-73ab-ffb8-490abcheddiidb8
Clover MiniClover FlexClover StationClover Station 2018Clover Mobile
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered greg edited
If the merchant changes so will the device ID. The serial number (Build.getSerial()) may stay the same. If you use the serial you'd want to use the (merchant,serial) tuple as the unique identifier.
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

greg avatar image greg commented ·

Are you sure that device ID changes? I disassociated one devkit from a merchant and associated it to another merchant. When I query devices of the new merchant, I see this devkit with the old device ID. Or is it only in sandbox like this? Regarding the tuple: I guess merchantID is more stable than merchant name and should be preferred?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community