question

aravindanr avatar image
aravindanr asked aravindanr commented

AuthToken & Merchant ID is null for Test Merchant in Clover Dev Kit (Mini)

I was running the gettoken example (from android-examples) on the Dev Kit and saw that the authToken and merchantId in AuthResult returned by CloverAuth.authenticate are null.

The Dev Kit is configured with Test Merchant in the Sandbox environment. Any ideas why this is happening?

Auth
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered aravindanr commented

This unfortuantely is a side effect of simply side-loading some of the examples, the Clover system does not register the package name as being installed via the App Market and thus does not have an access token available for it to return.

If you try creating a Quick Android App in Sandbox, CloverAuth.authenticate will correctly return a token and merchant id for you to develop with.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aravindanr avatar image aravindanr commented ·

Do I need to upload the APK to the Android App (created in Sandbox) and install it via the App Market in the clover dev kit? In the sandbox environment, i am not able to "Submit App". I am wondering if the app would be available in the App Market without submit.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike M avatar image Mike M commented ·

Test apps are always available to your developer's test merchant via the App Market app. You do not need to submit the app to test it.

0 Likes 0 ·
sujith avatar image sujith commented ·

If want to get the Oauth tocke what should I do, I am facing the same problem. Any fix for that problem

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike M avatar image Mike M commented ·

OAuth tokens can only be generated for web apps that have an App ID. Basically, you need to create a web app on your developer account, set up a Site URL, and then you will be able to go through the OAuth flow to retrieve a token.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community