question

Dan avatar image
Dan asked Bryanne Vega commented

CloverAccount.getAccount(context) returning null for a new live device

Hi folks we have a single merchant who is getting a null result from CloverAccount.getAccount(context)

Thereby rendering our app (and probably other apps as well) useless. Do you know what could cause this and what we might try to fix it? The device is very new and was issued to him only this week I believe, so it sounds like something has gone wrong during it's initialization.

I've made him reboot several times, refresh, reinstall our app etc. I suspect he's going to have to swap out his Clover Mini.

PaymentsClover MiniApp MarketMerchant
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

This is a little annoying as it's working for some of my apps and not for others and I've already followed the instructions found here and I'm using compileSdkVersion 28 & it's working but for some it isn't.

I suspect your device is a 2018 model? Shame that this isn't mentioned in the DOCs

1 Like 1 ·
Dan avatar image Dan Bryanne Vega commented ·

Thanks Bryanne I had missed this, yes it must be one of the first gen 2 Minis in the country over here. Better cut that Target SDK version right back down again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega Dan commented ·

Don't migrate to AndroidX, you'll thank me later.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community