question

Sukhbir Singh avatar image
Sukhbir Singh asked Sukhbir Singh edited

Is File manager available on Clover Flex/Mobile devices?

Hi @Jeffrey Blattman,

I have created a log text file programmatically and stored it in cover devices memory. where will see it? Is any application(like as File manager) available on the clover market to show and read the text file?

Please suggest.

Thank you.
Clover FlexClover Mobile
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Sukhbir Singh edited
No there is no file manager application on Clover devices.

I assume you need this for debugging on your devkit. In that case you can sideload whatever file manager app you want. If this is for production, you'll need to design some other system to get log files from the device (e.g. upload to a server of yours). There may be existing services out there for this purpose. I am not an expert on that.

where will see it?
Where did you write the file? If you stored in application private data you won't be able to access it with a file manager. If you stored it in public storage you can see it with a file manager. You can learn more about Android's storage mechanisms here:
https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/data/data-storage
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sukhbir Singh avatar image Sukhbir Singh commented ·

Hi @Jeffrey Blattman,

Thanks for the information.

Also please confirm us that can we browse the file system by using the USB cable? I mean when we connect my windows PC from normal Android devices via USB Cable we are able to see file system with an explorer like capability, but when we connect Clover devkit from my windows PC we are not able to see file system. So please confirm us that can we see the devkit file system by connecting to my windows PC via USB cable, if yes then please share us the way to achieve it also confirm us that the behavior of production devkit will be same or not?

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community