question

Jonathan Ryan Grice avatar image
Jonathan Ryan Grice asked Jonathan Ryan Grice commented

Server can not connect with Clover Rest API

I've been working on a project and now my server gives me the error:
Could not resolve host: api.clover.com

Is this an issue with Clover, routing on the internet, or has my server IP been blacklisted?
REST API
5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Raymond Lee avatar image Raymond Lee commented ·

Can you provide the http response code that comes with the error? Any additional details about the error would be helpful as well. That way we can see if it is indeed a 429 Too Many Requests response code, which would indicate rate limiting.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jonathan Ryan Grice avatar image Jonathan Ryan Grice Raymond Lee commented ·

in PHP Curl returns the curl_error($ch) as simply "Could not resolve host: api.clover.com"

no other information is received from cURL.

I don't receive any response from Clover.

0 Likes 0 ·
Raymond Lee avatar image Raymond Lee Jonathan Ryan Grice commented ·

Can you try using curl_getinfo:

$httpCode = curl_getinfo($ch, CURLINFO_HTTP_CODE);

to get the http response code?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

I can still send a GET call from my location and receive the requested information. Just not from my remote host.

The same thing happened a few days ago and it resolved itself within a few hours. I figure it'll again resolve itself, but it's getting frustrating.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jonathan Ryan Grice answered
The issue resolved itself.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jonathan Ryan Grice answered
This issue has crept back up.
Could not resolve host: api.clover.com

I shouldn't be reaching an API Rate Limit and penalized for doing so.
I can't think of what the issue is.
10 |2000

Raymond Lee avatar image
Raymond Lee Deactivated answered Jonathan Ryan Grice commented
Looking more into your issue, and since it is intermittent, it sounds like it might be related to this issue brought up on stack overflow. I would check to see if you still get "Could not resolve host" after forcing curl to use IPv4.
3 comments
10 |2000

Jonathan Ryan Grice avatar image Jonathan Ryan Grice commented ·

I just tried that "fix" from stack overflow.

After further investigation, I'm getting a code 6 returned, not just 404.

I have implemented a custom logger that will log the url queued and then the curl error. And for some reason, it's becoming very intermittent. Not just once in a few hours. You can view the live log here

0 Likes 0 ·
Raymond Lee avatar image Raymond Lee Jonathan Ryan Grice commented ·

Understood. Seems to be a DNS issue on your server, I would try adding Google's DNS server as the second fix, since you've already disabled IPv6, see here.

0 Likes 0 ·

I don't have root access on this particular server since it's a shared server. Thanks, will look for other workaround. Cheers.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community