question

Jai avatar image
Jai asked zgreathouse Deactivated commented

Is there a way to get ADD_TIP event from clover register ?

Hello <a rel="user" href="/users/90/jacobabrams.html" nodeid="90">@Jacob Abrams</a> , I added "clover.intent.action.ADD_TIP" intent in android manifest but not getting broadcast even after added TIP through clover register. Am i missing  something ? 

# Problem Occurring while payment done through manually entered credit card tender::
As soon as i enter valid credit card details, intent- "com.clover.intent.action.PAYMENT_PROCESSED" is getting fired without waiting for "Tip" to be added and even if later tip is added corresponding intent is not fired.

Explaination for reference:: I am able to get other intents like "com.clover.intent.action.PAYMENT_PROCESSED" or "clover.intent.action.V1_ORDER_BUILD_START" but not received "clover.intent.action.ADD_TIP".
I have added snippet. Kindly let me know if anything to be done is missing.

Payments
manifest.png (10.5 KiB)
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zgreathouse avatar image zgreathouse commented ·

Could you please provide some context to assist us in understanding the motivation behind broadcasting when a tip is added to a payment?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered
The CUSTOMER_ADD_TIP AND ADD_TIP Intents just call an activity, they do not broadcast. (Not all Intents broadcast).

PAYMENT_PROCESS does indeed broadcast.

However ADD_TIP does not.

(These screen shots are referencing our Android SDK Docs)

There are currently no Intents which broadcast tip addition to a payment.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community