question

makinitcool avatar image
makinitcool asked makinitcool commented

Getting started with Clover Mini and Clover Example POS

Hello,

I downloaded the Clover Example POS and ran it on my windows 7 machine using VS2013 pretty seamlessly. I was able to find the sample project provided some isnight on some functionality between a POS Desktop App and a emulated Clover Mini device.

I attempted to connect my Clover Mini device via USB to further debug the code with the actual device and have not been able to successfully connect. I tried to follow the instructions out on git (https://github.com/clover/remote-pay-...) but have not been able to properly setup the environment.

In particular, I have not been able to locate the 'install-filler' file nor the 'linbusb-win32 filter server'.

Please advise! Thanks in advance.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered makinitcool commented

linbusb-win32 filter server is explicitly mentioned in the ReadMe as a prerequisite for the example.

Expectation 1: LibUsbDotNet has been installed to the default location of C:\Program Files\LibUsbDotNet and that during installation, the libusb-win32 filter server was also installed.

There are also additional resources for configuring your Windows machine to connect with the DevKit via ADB. Please see the notes here: http://devask.clover.com/question/537.... Please note that modification of the adb_usb.ini is required for the device to be recognized over ADB.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

makinitcool avatar image makinitcool commented ·

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response. It appears I was able to get the link (sourceforge.net/projects/libusbdotnet/files/LibUsbDotNet/LibUsbDotnet v2.2) to download the linbusb-win32 filter server, and have it installed in the proper location.

I walked through the steps of installing drivers via the command prompt and ran the CloverPOS app in VS according to the prompts, but the device is not being connected.

Please advise, Thanks

P.S.: I have restarted apps and PC.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community