question

cts-derek avatar image
cts-derek asked cts-derek answered

Broad clover POS / rest API questions

So, I have this web ordering software called Munch (REST API json) and my client wants to have the web orders (delivery / pickup) from that service sent to the restaurant POS. I have built an integration using the Clover REST API v3 (node.js) that submits the order to the dev platform merchant, and it works, but I'm not seeing any means of how the Clover POS will recognize orders' objects (line items)...

So, I'm wondering (and my question is), how does the POS recognize the items in these orders for sales, taxes, inventory, etc purposes? (Or is this API only for "semi-Integration", whereas just a 'ghost' order is sent down, and the only thing Clover recognizes is that "it's an order", and the raw total / tax amounts?)

Thanks in advance.
REST APIClover Station
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan avatar image Dan ♦ commented ·

Are you creating line items that are associated with the order (https://www.clover.com/api_docs/#!/orders/CreateLineItem)?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

cts-derek avatar image
cts-derek answered
Yeah, Pretty much consists of these 3
1. POST /v3/merchants/{mId}/orders - Create order
2. POST /v3/merchants/{mId}/orders/{orderId}/line_items - Create line items
3. POST /v3/merchants/{mId}/orders/{orderid} - Update order(edited)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community