question

janaka avatar image
janaka asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

Clover MINI APP in KIOSK mode

I'm developing an app with Clover MINI android device right now in SANDBOX environment. The idea is to finalize the APP as a Seft Service Payment Application (to use Clover MINI device as a self service KIOSK) when go LIVE .

Question 01
Basically I want my App to keep loaded on the screen while it's on (just after every reboot of device - even by first time setup each time) and should NOT allow normal users to exit the APP in any way. Can you advice if this is possible and if so how to achieve this?

Question 02
Also need to know how the APP updates should be handled when it's in KIOSK mode. If that can NOT be done while it's loaded no problem to do in a manual way. Would like to know how to handle this.

I just saw this PREVIOUSLY ASKED QUESTION which havn't answered from CLOVER.
That person suggests a solution to use a 3rd party app and wonder how reliable it is (as a 3rd party app) and also not sure if this works for an APP I develop and publish in APP store (or works just for default clover APPS). Thanks.

Clover Android SDKClover MiniApp Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered
For Kiosk mode, you can look into use of the CustomerMode class in the SDK.

Note however that this won't stop other apps from putting dialogs on top of your app, even if it's in the customer mode.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chanel avatar image
chanel Deactivated answered chanel Deactivated edited
1 - You may be able to take advantage of our Clover Connector ( https://docs.clover.com/build/getting-started-with-clover-connector/?sdk=browser) or having a customer facing Mini to take payments ( https://help.clover.com/glossary/clover-mini-as-c... ).

2 - Updates to your app would install while the device is not in use or during the daily device reboot.

Our third party apps go through an approval process to ensure the quality of their apps before they appear on our App Market. If you have any questions about the app in particular, you will need to contact the developers directly.
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community