When using the REST API in Sandbox it is a good idea to set-up the OAuth flow for a smoother transition to production.
Step 1 - Create a developer account on Sandbox
During the developer account creation process a teste merchant will also be created. When you login to your developer dashboard you will be able to switch between your developer dashboard and the test merchant dashboard we via the dropdown at the top of the page to the right of the Clover logo.
Step 2 - Create a web app, from your developer dashboard:
- Select the + icon to the right of "YOUR APPS" in the left hand navigation.
- Enter your app's name in the "Create App" dialog and select the "Create" button.
- From the App Settings page select the pencil icon next to "App Type".
- Select "Web" underneath REST Clients and select the "Save" button.
- From the App Settings page select the pencil icon next to "Requested Permissions".
- Check the permissions your app requires and select the "Save" button.
- From the App Settings page select the pencil icon next to "REST Configuration".
- Enter your Site URL and select the "Save" button.
Step 3 - Install your web app on your test merchant. You can also select the "Example OAuth Request" link at the bottom of the REST Configuration section.
When the connect button is selected, the Authorization step (Step 1) of the OAuth flow will be triggered. You will use the code in the URL along with your app's id (client_id) and app secrete to obtain an access token.
If you see the following message: "You'll be able to preview this app once the owner adds you as an employee" when attempting to preview your application in the App Market you may need to add a subscription tier for your test merchant's locale.