question

ranza avatar image
ranza asked sam Deactivated edited

How often does clover sync it's inventory? And on what occasions? Can I force a sync?

I'm working on an app that changes item prices after opening new order with certain items and I'd like to make sure that the prices get updated before an employee adds another item to the order or following orders. How can I achieve that?
Thanks!
Inventory
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

maribel avatar image
maribel Deactivated answered ranza commented
Whenever there is an inventory price change, it should trigger an update immediately - takes about 5 seconds to push to the device/s.

If an employee already added the item you want to change to the order, it does not update the price it will charge what shows on the screen. The employee will have to remove the item and add the item back to get the changed price.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ranza avatar image ranza commented ·

From my experience with sandbox and running clover on an emulator it definitely is not 5 seconds. Does the update from the cloud take less than 5 or 10s on an actual clover device?

0 Likes 0 ·
sam avatar image
sam Deactivated answered sam Deactivated edited
We generally loop push notifications every 5 seconds. This only accounts for the time between data being loaded onto the queue and being fired. In real life, your mileage may vary depending on network and other variables. But if you are making changes on-device, the change should show instantaneously on device.

For a real-time requirement such as this, I would highly recommend creating a "native android app" with our android-sdk to listen for an order updates. You could start a long-running service that listens for orderUpdateListener using our OrderConnector. Also, instead of changing item prices, I would strongly recommend using discounts.
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community