question

ronsay avatar image
ronsay asked rachel Deactivated edited

Is there any documentation for the Cloud-Pay-Display?

The App overview it says: Enable your customers to enter payment on a customer-facing Clover Mini, while you control the orders and charges on your own point of sale system. Use the cloud to connect your Clover Mini and Cloud Pay Display sends and receives the transaction information securely. If supported by your point of sale system, customers will also be able to see items as they are added to their order.

It sounds like the same description as the USB Pay Display app but for the cloud, but there is no more information on the semi-integration SDK's

Thanks for your help.

Remote Pay CloudCloud Pay Display
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

james-cha avatar image james-cha commented ·

Hey Ron,

I want to make sure I'm hitting the key points of your question. Is the work flow your thinking about described here? https://docs.clover.com/build/integra...

If that is the case have you checked our github repo? We have a Clover SDK for Windows PoS Integration there. https://github.com/clover

Hope that helps let me know if you need additional support. James

0 Likes 0 ·
ronsay avatar image ronsay commented ·

Hi James, thanks for your response. Actually I integrated with the USB Pay Display app with the Clover SDK but I am having issues in live situations at merchants that are using it where suddenly the listener stops listening and no events are fired and everything freezes up while the USB Pay Display waits for the signature verification accept response. That is why I was asking about the Cloud Pay Display app, because I can only find an example with the USB connector, but not for the cloud or LAN connector.

0 Likes 0 ·
james-cha avatar image james-cha commented ·

Ah glad I got some more details from you. I just started here at Clover so I don't know the answer right now but I'm going to find out and get back to you. Thanks for your patience!

0 Likes 0 ·
rachel avatar image
rachel Deactivated answered
In addition to docs.clover.com, the Remote Pay Cloud repository has a ReadMe to help you get up and running with Cloud Pay Display. There's also auto-building docs (note that these are specific to each release version). Additionally, there are two example apps: Clover Cloud Connector Example and Clover Cloud Connector Unit Examples.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sophia avatar image
sophia answered ronsay commented

Hi,

The LAN connector is not publicly available that this time, as it is still in development. Please let me know where you saw it mentioned and I'll remove the text for now.

What use case were you hoping the cloud connector would fulfill for you that the usb connector cannot? Could you further describe this scenario: "I am having issues in live situations at merchants that are using it where suddenly the listener stops listening and no events are fired and everything freezes up while the USB Pay Display waits for the signature verification accept response."

specifically it would be very helpful if you could describe the chain of events. Is it that no activity can happen on the mini until a merchant verifies a customer signature? What activities were you hoping to perform while that action was still pending?

2 comments
10 |2000

I saw the LAN connector mentioned in Question: What port do I use with remote-pay-windows? I'm currently using the USB Pay Display with remote-pay-windows. Everything works fine for several transactions but suddenly the Clover mini just starts to wait for the signature verification from the POS. On the POS side I just added a request.Accept() inside the OnSignatureVerifyRequest Handler. This normally works just fine until at some point the listener stops firing this event, or the USB connection fails. So I thought a Lan connection might be more stable. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

I'm Initializing the connection just once when they Login to the POS so it stays connected to the Mini all day. Should I Initialize the connection before each transaction?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community