question

helpme avatar image
helpme asked bryanvargas answered

Rewards app and customer database app are not working correctly

Repeat customers enter their phone number in the customer interface to receive their rewards points but rewards system does not record the sales for this specific sales transaction to previous sales history and previous accumulated rewards points for the customer. In our clover device, the customer phone number often times is truncated. In other words, a phone number example such as 682-123-4567 is truncated and instead is shown as 168****4567 and the customer name is listed as "name unknown". This flaw is what causes the current transaction to be added to the customers' previous sales history/awards points. I've contacted clover technical support several times, been given escalation case numbers starting with MI00, gave access to our clover device to clover technical support so that they can see the specific problem, and now we're told there was a clover upgrade recently and this problem can't be resolved. This problem virtually eliminates any possibility of previous customers merging current earned rewards points with previous earned rewards points and limits or eliminates opportunity for customers to receive their discount % earned. The credibility of the rewards program is now seriously in doubt for all of our customers. Clover support is not giving or won't give support to us to resolve this issue. We simply would like for this problem to be resolved by Clover support or someone in the Clover Community. Thanks. I can be reached at 972-835-0335 if there is help available to us.

app approvals
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mmaxwell avatar image
mmaxwell answered

This is a known function that is down in Clover currently. There is a bug that they are trying to correct as we speak on that. I am an independent sales rep for Clover and these problems just keep compounding. My merchants are having many new issues since this upgrade as well. I was on here looking for a different problem and ran across yours. It is a known issue though so hopefully they will roll back this update and fix it. Clover used to be great but now I am getting worried about it. I am constantly hearing new problems these days.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helpme avatar image
helpme answered

mmaxwell, thank you for your valuable input. Hopefully Clover tech support and management steps up and assists it's customers with this problem.

10 |2000

ayssan avatar image
ayssan answered

I have the same issue and clover has not done anything about it I called them more then 30 and nothing has fix it I have started to lose customers because of this and clover is just charging me their monthly fee like that are doing everything right this problem has been going for the past 3 months. To be honest at this point I might have to start to look for a new POS device

img-5136.jpeg (296.5 KiB)
10 |2000

bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered

Are you a Clover merchant? This forum is for developers that build apps on our platform to get development assistance. If you are a Clover merchant you should contact Clover support for assistance.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community