question

Alan avatar image
Alan asked lilly Deactivated commented

Testing Merchant Plans/Modules

Is it possible to simulate my sandbox merchant in another plan/package/modules?

I'm creating order types and using them in my payments attached to an order, and I'm not sure what happens for merchants on the Register Lite Merchants plan

I thought I saw some documentation/mention of how to simulate it, but I can't find it anymore.

Best regards, Alan

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Alan avatar image Alan commented ·

Or maybe a better question: If I create an order type on a merchant's api that is on the Register Lite plan, will the order type be created, and can I apply that order type to the payments for an order too? I read that modules aren't restricted in the same way as permissions, but I'm not sure if that means api calls work the same, or api calls are authenticated but ignored.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

lilly avatar image
lilly Deactivated answered lilly Deactivated commented

Hi @Alan -- You can see how to change your service plan here: https://help.clover.com/instruction/s....

In terms of API calls, as long as you have the required permissions, you will be able to successfully complete the call, but it won't be meaningful for a merchant unless they have that module included on their service plan.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @Lilly I missed that in the docs. I'm not seeing the Register Lite plan option on my Clover Mini Dev Kit? I'm thinking of launching our app as Register only, but we may want to allow lower plans in future if we find enough stores are on the Register Lite plan. Is it possible to add/allow lower plans down the line after v1 of the app? Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
lilly avatar image lilly commented ·

Definitely possible! Just adjust the "Merchant Availability" in your App Settings to include Register Lite down the line.

Regarding the missing Register Lite plan, we'll have to dig deeper into your specific sandbox account to see if what may be happening. Could you send an email with your developer account ID to dev@clover.com? Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks @Lilly, good to hear its adjustable in the future. I'll probably run with Register only right now, but will send a note to dev@clover.com now. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes 0 ·

@Lilly I just discovered the app market web app gives me the option for Register Lite but the clover mini app market app doesn't. So it looks like I can workaround for now. I'll pass on a note with my id to that email anyway.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community