question

Dyego Costa avatar image
Dyego Costa asked sam Deactivated commented

Payment marked as successful before merchant verify it's challenges?

Steps to reproduce it

1. Start new sale on device that will result in a duplicate challenge using the ICloverConnector#sale(request)
  2. Stop on at then ICloverConnectorListener#onConfirmPaymentRequest(request) callback
  3. Refresh the page without completing the challenge. It will result in the device stuck in "Merchant is verifying your payment"
  4. Find the payment on http://apisandbox.dev.clover.com/v3/merchants/<merchant_id>/payments

I'm getting a response saying the payment was a success. Is that correct? If I reject the payment when resolving the challenge then I can't find the payment, and if I accept it I get the same response I got before accepting it.

image description

Clover MiniSandbox
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

sam avatar image
sam Deactivated answered sam Deactivated commented

We'll post a ticket for this bug and keep you updated on the fix.

The payment should appear as successful as long as the device is 'stuck' in the "Merchant is verifying your payment" state. As soon as the device is reset (either via the 'four finger' exit or using the connector) the payment SHOULD be voided, but it appears that is not happening.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dyego Costa avatar image Dyego Costa commented ·

Unfortunately that does not prevent other edge cases like closing the browser, losing internet connection, browser crashing.

0 Likes 0 ·
sam avatar image sam commented ·

Dyego, I've updated my answer after speaking with our team.

Yes, this is the behavior I see as well. The way I've managed the challenge is to use const answer = confirm(response.challenges[0].message);

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community