question

chibog avatar image
chibog asked chibog commented

Why did Clover ask for another payment when a payment has already been made?

We have had duplicate charges on our customer's credit/debit cards because Clover asks for payment again after the first payment was processed. However, there is no confirmation that the first payment was processed because the receipt does not automatically print, which is our default set up. We then reprocess the payment since it looks like the first one did not go through successfully.

Also, how can Clover accept payments over the order total? Shouldn't the order be cleared once payment has been made? This should be an automatic feature to avoid problems like this.

This is not the first time we have had payment processing issues with Clover. This is frustrating because our customers think we are trying to get more money from them than we should. And if it goes to chargeback, we have to pay $25 for each incident.

Orders
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James Tickett avatar image James Tickett commented ·

Hi Chibog,

I think this may have happened to us too. If you find out more would you mind posting back here please.

0 Likes 0 ·
chibog avatar image chibog commented ·

Will do JTickett.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

@Chibog can you PM me your merchant name?

0 Likes 0 ·

Pardon my ignorance, @jeff, but how do I send you a PM through this forum?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered chibog commented

Hi Chibog,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear these issues have arisen. Have you tried getting in contact with Clover Support? This forum is geared toward developers on the Clover platform.

Best,

Mark

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Mark. I currently have a few cases open with Clover support. I thought this was a forum for Clover merchants to share their issues. I apologize for the mis-post.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community