question

james-cha avatar image
james-cha Deactivated asked easywave commented

My Devkit device indicates it is offline but it is connected to the internet, why is this happening?

We are aware of the issue and are currently addressing it. We will will have a solution for you soon. Please keep an eye on this question. We will be providing the solution at this location.

DevKit
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

james-cha avatar image
james-cha Deactivated answered easywave commented

If you are seeing the issue listed then please follow these steps to address your issue:

Download the corresponding apk for your device.
Mini: Mini APK
Mobile: Mobile APK

You will need to have adb installed and added to your path:
ADB: https://developer.android.com/studio/...

Sideload the corresponding APK

adb install CloverUpdateCert_Mini.apk

OR

adb install CloverUpdateCert_Mobile.apk

Then start the service

adb shell am startservice -n com.clover.android.updatecert/.CertUpdateService

It will do a factory rest at this time. Once done the issue should be addressed.
You will have to reactivate your device.
You will have to disassociate and reassociate your device to your merchant in your sandbox account.
Setup Directions: https://docs.clover.com/build/setup-d...

5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ivalu8 avatar image ivalu8 commented ·

James, getting this.

./adb install CloverUpdateCertMini.apk 4602 KB/s (1480094 bytes in 0.314s) pkg: /data/local/tmp/CloverUpdateCertMini.apk Failure [INSTALLFAILEDSHAREDUSERINCOMPATIBLE]

0 Likes 0 ·
davisre avatar image davisre commented ·

That happens if you try to install CloverUpdateCertMini.apk on a Mobile, or vice-versa. Make sure you use the right apk.

0 Likes 0 ·
ivalu8 avatar image ivalu8 commented ·

my bad, i had a different device plugged in. everything works after reset.

0 Likes 0 ·
james-cha avatar image james-cha commented ·

Fantastic!

0 Likes 0 ·
easywave avatar image easywave commented ·

Brilliant. Thank you very much....I would suggest to make dev@clover.com aware of this fix. After many emails, headaches and screenshots they failed to provide this fix

Cheers

0 Likes 0 ·
khotmanish avatar image
khotmanish answered khotmanish commented

I have couple of team members who are having the same issue for past 3 days. They do not have access to ADB and hence would not be ale to sideload the apk (CloverUpdateCertMini.apk ) to resolve this. We tried to do a factory reset but they are getting a messge “error retrieving merchant information” after the wifi setup.

Can you please let me know if there is a workaround for sideloading ?

3 comments
10 |2000

Todd avatar image Todd commented ·

How do you get ADB to recognize the Clover Mini? When I run the install command it started the service and then said no devices connected. The Clover Mini shows that USB Debugging is connected.

0 Likes 0 ·
james-cha avatar image james-cha commented ·

Khotmanish,

Can you be more clear on why don't they have access to adb?

0 Likes 0 ·
khotmanish avatar image khotmanish commented ·

We got the devices shipped to the DEV team to update the certificate. Resolved after starting the service. Thanks !

0 Likes 0 ·
Todd avatar image
Todd answered

How do you get ADB to recognize the Clover Mini? When I run the install command it started the service and then said no devices connected. The Clover Mini shows that USB Debugging is connected.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community