question

angela avatar image
angela asked angela answered

Not receiving an email after a transaction

Hello -

I recently set up an E-Commerce Payment Link to be used when a purchase is made on my client's website. The payment portion is working well but the client is not getting an email notification when a purchase is made. I have confirmed the email address is correct on the account. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this set up? I appreciate your suggestions

Thank you!

Angela

e-commerce api
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Reagan Ammann avatar image
Reagan Ammann answered

ditto. guidance appreciated...

was able to send myself a receipt manually from the dashboard, but the system/api didn't send one automatically.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Reagan Ammann avatar image
Reagan Ammann answered

BTW, seems I figured this out. Included the email in the order payment call to "https://scl.clover.com/v1/orders/order_id/pay" (despite it already being associated with the customer associated with the order) and now an email receipt comes through.

10 |2000

angela avatar image
angela answered

@shiftyf9 -

Thank you for your response! I'm happy to hear you got it working on your end. Were you trying to send a receipt to the customer or the Clover account owner? In my case, the customer is receiving a receipt. It's the Clover account owner who is not getting a notification that there has been a sale.

If your solution above is for the Clover account owner, I'm not sure how to include the email in the order payment call. I haven't set up an order payment call. I created an e-commerce payment link on Clover and use that link on a button on the website. Where do you set that up?

Thank you!

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community