question

mmercurio avatar image
mmercurio asked mmercurio commented

How to restore the sample menu inventory for Dev Kit

I dissociated my Dev Kit with the default merchant I created in order to test with another merchant. After associating the Dev Kit with the new merchant and going through the activation and setup process, I now have a Clover Dev Kit with no menu items. The inventory is empty. It's difficult to do anything without any menu items.

How can I restore the sample menu inventory?

InventoryDevKit
5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mmercurio avatar image mmercurio commented ·

I tried exporting the inventory from the first merchant thinking I could import into the second merchant. But the export file doesn't contain any items. I have tried multiple times. Ensuring all items are selected. The inventory export file always contains zero items.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

I tried the export function and it worked okay for me. What environment (server) are you running against (sandbox.dev.clover.com?) and what's your merchant name / ID?

0 Likes 0 ·

On sandbox.dev.clover.com. merchant name / MID is LevelUp / RCTST0000008099

0 Likes 0 ·

I think I pasted the wrong ID. Merchant ID is probably 9ZDECPYNRWYY6.

0 Likes 0 ·

Okay... figured this out. Apparently you also need to select a Category to export. I thought "Select Al" would allow me to export all items. It's not very convenient if you really do need to export everything, but I got it working.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mmercurio avatar image
mmercurio answered

It's not totally obvious but it does work. In order to export the entire inventory, be sure to "Select All" and then go through and select each Category and ensure every Category is selected. After that choose "Export Inventory" and the entire inventory will exported in the downloaded Excel file.

In order to import, be sure to first clear out the Clover ID column for each item or the import will fail.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community