question

taxiguy avatar image
taxiguy asked Brian Murray Deactivated answered

Communicating over internal and external modem

Hi,

I'm designing a payment system for taxis. A Clover Mini will be mounted in the back seat for passengers to pay.

In the front seat the driver has a terminal, either Windows CE or Android (depending on age), with a cellular modem and data plan. This terminal is used to track, dispatch and communicate with the taxi.

I'd like to use a single modem and data plan for everything - ideally transmit the payment transaction from the Mini using the modem and data plan already in the front seat.

Question 1: I know that if it's an Android tablet in the front seat, the Mini can connect via WiFi. Is there a way to connect to the Windows CE terminals by wire (Ethernet, USB, serial etc.) and transmit the transaction over that modem? How would I connect? I know it's generally possible because we're already doing it with another payment mechanism but don't know how I'd do it with Clover.

Question 2: How about going the other way: Use a 3G Mini in the back seat and connect it so that my front seat WinCE terminal gets its data through the Mini's modem and data plan? How would I do that?

Thanks!

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Brian Murray avatar image
Brian Murray Deactivated answered

Question 1:For information on integrating with an existing POS system, see https://www.clover.com/features/integ...

Question 2: For security reasons, we have disabled 3G tethering on Clover devices.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community