question

georgeono avatar image
georgeono asked Jacob Abrams answered

Android application integrating with Clover

Hello,

I have an application that I want installed on a mobile phone (e.g.: Samsung S5, Nexus 5X) and communicate with Clover to achieve various tasks like: receive authenticate, get merchant info, alter some pieces of info for merchant, orders, items.

My question is: How can I distribute this application best? Reading the documentation, it seems that the Android app section of Clover refers to applications that are meant to run on Clover devices (e.g.: Mini). Can I use the Clover app provider to make app available to mobile devices or do I have to go to Google Play or other distribution networks?

Thanks, George

Clover Mobile
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered

To get your Android app to users of standard Android phones and tablets you will need to submit it to the app store available on those devices.

Most consumer Android devices come preinstalled with Google Play Store but Amazon brand devices for example have their own Amazon app store. You could even try to convince users to download and install your app from your website but most Android devices do not allow installation of apps from untrusted sources such as random websites unless that security is explicitly disabled by the user.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community