question

tastingroomdu avatar image
tastingroomdu asked Jacob Abrams answered

Android SDK Capabilities

Hey guys,

First off thanks to anyone taking the time to respond and share me some of their knowledge and expertise.

Background

I'm at the tail end of building a mobile android & iOS app that will allow customers to places orders from their mobile devices. We built it using Parse (sadface) cloudcode, and the Clover V3 API... however as we near the finish line we have come across some API limitations that I'm hoping can be solved by building an Android app that lives on the Clover devices and communicates with Cloudcode.

What we are looking to achieve

1. Fire Orders to the printer (I believe we can do this from looking at the SDK)
  2. Assign Orders to tables. (This would allow different employees to be assigned to orders)

3. Adjust inventory incrementally. - Through the API and cloudcode we have used the "alternate name field" in modifiers to set variations on inventory based on the modifier ordered, we can then adjust inventory accordingly when an order is closed through the app.... however when an order is closed through the POS inventory is not differentiated by modifiers.

*Further details * We create a product for a specific beer- Stone IPA, and set a fixed price to $0. Then we create two modifiers for different pour sizes, 1/2 glass and Pint. Those modifiers have specific prices but different inventory properties.

Thanks in advance for any insight as I'm trying to figure out the best way to proceed.

Cheers, Ryan

edit: changed title.

PrintInventoryModifiers
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered

Using the clover-android-sdk you can send print jobs to the printer. We currently do not offer any integration points with our tables app. Inventory stock is managed by item, there is currently no way to track inventory for modifiers but I suppose you could subtract from stock in your Clover Android app when the order is paid.

Your Android phone app would likely need to communicate to your server backend which would then send a message to your Clover Android app to perform the printing.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community