question

naseer5388 avatar image
naseer5388 asked bryanvargas answered

getting permission error Inventory_R

Getting this exception: Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Package: com.example.btg, not allowed permission: INVENTORY_R

I have followed all steps like adding INVETORY_R permission in manifest, then uploading APK and downloading it from sandbox dashboard. After download installed app in my simulator and even synced the register and inventory. But still getting this error don't know why.

Inventory
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Can you make sure your permissions are set for your app in your developer dashboard and uninstall/reinstall the app to have the new permissions synced?

0 Likes 0 ·
naseer5388 avatar image naseer5388 bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Yes I did all mentioned steps and recorded a video for you Video but still its not working unfortunately.

0 Likes 0 ·
fahad5388 avatar image fahad5388 bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·
I am facing same issue too, i even ran scripts with sdk on simulator for pointing it to staging.
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered
The app has to be downloaded to the test merchant from your developer dashboard as well. There is a button to preview your app on the app market and you will download/install it for the permissions/apk to sync.
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

naseer5388 avatar image naseer5388 commented ·

@bryanvargas Thanks a lot for your help. Now its working perfectly fine

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community