question

dipen-1 avatar image
dipen-1 asked acastaneda answered

Need suggestion in choosing payment method

My use case and what I have tried till now.

• We are creating an app that will run on clover platform(Clover playstore)
  • After doing some calculations we need to do payment transaction[ Payment might include tips, surcharge, discount ], We also need to show these details in the reports(Reporting, Orders)
  • We want to use any existing Clover payment process.
  • Until now I have tried below three approaches.
  1. Android Payments API : (It is creating an entry in the Orders app but is unable to open any payment app and throwing the error "No valid clover app installed")
  2. Payment connector : It is returning canceled message in "onSaleResponse" callback
  3. ACTION_CLOVER_PAY intent: This worked for me and it is opening payment screen but not sure if this is correct approach as we need to manage order creation/deletion separately and did not find it in the docs section.

Question 1: According to our use-case can anyone please suggest which approach will be best suitable for us? (Intent, Connection, Action_Clover_Pay or is there anything else)
Question 2: Can you also share some tutorial or sample which has shown Tips, Service Charge and Discount adding in Order?

Thanks

PaymentsPaymentConnectorIntents
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
acastaneda avatar image
acastaneda answered

@ "No valid clover app installed" is a test reminder that your app still requires approval for side-loaded apps. Also please be sure you are only using Android Payments API b/c the previous remote-pay and android payments can't co-function.
Are you in sandbox or Production?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community