question

bbabcock avatar image
bbabcock asked john123marshal edited

Transaction Limits per Employee

How can I limit the per transaction amount that an employee can process? For example, I only want a counter sales employee to be able to process transactions up to $xxxx and anything over that would require a manager role to process.

Employees
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
greyskymedia avatar image
greyskymedia answered

I'm pretty sure this isn't possible stock, through Clover. The way I would approach it is to use the Payment Connector(https://docs.clover.com/docs/take-a-payment-with-payment-connector) to build a custom app which supports an employee role check, if the Order is above $xxxx. To round out the app I'd add a "supervisor override" button where the supervisor (manager role) could enter their login pin to allow/disallow the order processing. You'd likely want to also build a custom report and email that off to the manager each day at closing for record keeping. Not a simple project, but definitely doable.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community