question

wsadiq avatar image
wsadiq asked zhaonan commented

Install an application on the devkit through the app market

I am developing an application and trying to install the app being developed on the dev. kit without adb. I upload the apk to my Sandbox, just like it is done in production. However, the app stays in "Pending Approval" state.

I was expecting that since no one is actually approving and signing the apps in sandbox, as you upload the app in the sandbox environment, it will become available for download.

When, on my mini, I open the app market, the latest version of the app is not available for download. When I go into web dashboard, I see the latest version but it is not available for download.

Is there a way to install an update version of the app on the devkit without adb?

Thanks.

SandboxDevKit
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered zhaonan commented

The Pending Approval state has nothing to do with your test merchant being able to install an app.

The "latest version" of the app will always be the latest approved default version, which from looking at your account, will read:

Release Updates

Version 1.0-1

Again, that has nothing to do with any additional uploaded apks that are currently in development. Those are always available for installation on your test merchants.

Everything for your app looks fine from my admin view. Starting from your developer dashboard, please try navigating to the web app market via the "App Market Preview" button for your app, select either of the two price tiers and install to your merchant.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wsadiq avatar image wsadiq commented ·

Hello. Thanks for your response. That is my confusion. I have uploaded the version 1.2.37 of the same apk. But I cannot figure out how to make it an approved version. When I go to the "App Market Preview" of that app, and go to "See all version", I see the version 1.2.37 but it is not available for install.

What do I need to do to make my version 1.2.37 an approved version in the sandbox so It can be instaleld on my devkits.

Thanks,

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike M avatar image Mike M commented ·

As I just had said, it does not need to be approved to be available for installation on your test merchants.

Please try navigating to the web app market via the "App Market Preview" button for your app, select either of the two price tiers and then install to your merchant. Do not go to "See all version", that has nothing to do with the installation process.

0 Likes 0 ·
zhaonan avatar image zhaonan commented ·

I also met the same problem. In wsadiq's example, by entering the "App Market Preview", it will install the 1.0-1 version. But how could he get "1.2.37" version installed?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community