question

zedwick avatar image
zedwick asked cronoklee answered

Inventory changes not sending events on category changes

If a customer modifies the categories on an item in inventory through their cash register, it no longer sends an I:UPDATE event to my webhook. I use the categories to monitor some types of transactions, and this change is killing me.

Now I'm looking to write in some extra code to ping the API for every item sold to get the category, but is there some way I could have known this was change was going to occur before it did and caused me to lose a bunch of data?

Inventory
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered zedwick commented

Hi @Zedwick,

Is there a timespan that this was occurring? I just tested out the Inventory webhook for both adding a category to an item and removing it from an item. In both cases, I received an I:UPDATE event. Can you also please verify that your server can receive any webhook event?

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zedwick avatar image zedwick commented ·

It's been happening for several weeks now. I get I:CREATE and I:DELETE events, and even I:UPDATE events for things like price changes. It's specifically a problem with category changes. I picked an item on one of my test vendors, and made a series of changes to it. I got the following events, but I didn't get any events when I deleted or added a category to the item.

{"appId":"5CMJECAN5DCTE","merchants":{"7K09DAT512Q8C":[{"objectId":"I:C14RX4X835M6Y","type":"UPDATE","ts":1454772147944}]}}

{"appId":"5CMJECAN5DCTE","merchants":{"7K09DAT512Q8C":[{"objectId":"I:C14RX4X835M6Y","type":"UPDATE","ts

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike M avatar image Mike M commented ·

In regards to webhooks, items do not "own" categories, so the item-category association is actually agnostic of the item's model in our database, which is what the inventory webhook currently "monitors". That's why there is an API specifically for item-category associations: https://www.clover.com/api_docs#!/inv...

We do understand your frustration though, and already have an outstanding engineering ticket to build out our inventory webhook to be inclusive of "association" operations.

0 Likes 0 ·
zedwick avatar image zedwick commented ·

This used to work. I built my application around it, and tested it extensively.

0 Likes 0 ·
tacs avatar image
tacs answered tacs edited
Hi.
Are there any news related to this?
If i change a category in an item page, i get a webook, either on device or webapp.
If i change a category of an item in the categories page, i get no webhook, either on device or webapp.
However if i do this on the clover device, the webapp updates accordingly, and vice-versa, so you are doing this somehow, cycling through items or some sort of cache.
Can i get some enlightment on these matters?

I read this release, however the fix seems to be partial, even though its only stated the fix was for new categories.
This is a major bug, a really really major bug.

Thanks.
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community