question

techpay avatar image
techpay asked techpay commented

How do you load your custom app in place of the Launcher

Instead of the Launcher how do you make our custom app launch as default from when rebooting or turning it on.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered techpay commented

You can look into creating an Android home app. You can Google for how to accomplish this, e.g., http://stackoverflow.com/questions/82...

That being said, the user needs to accept your app and set it as the default home app. It's also questionable whether we'd allow that on our devices unless you had a special relationship with the merchant. I'm sure you can understand why we wouldn't necessarily allow one 3rd party app to control access to all other apps.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

techpay avatar image techpay commented ·

I do want to have the system boot up and then only running this app for TeckPay merchant which is our own. As you know we are developing our own app register for ourselves. We would want that app to run without any other application on the machine unless we are calling a clover app to do a certain function or using it within our program.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

You have a few things to think about for that sort of model. How will the merchant access what they'd find in the Clover Setup app? The Clover Printers app? Are you providing everything the merchant otherwise needs to conduct business (ability to refund / void previous payments, view the network queue, view the print queue, clear the print queue, etc).

Doing this is not without precedent, but I'd recommend you contact appmarketbusiness@clover.com if you have not already to get the ball rolling.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community