question

pson2787 avatar image
pson2787 asked Bryanne Vega answered

Is there a limit to inventory items on Clover? At what point does it slow down?

We have approx 80,000 SKUs and were looking to switch to Clover.

1) Does Clover support up to 80,000 SKUs?

2) If so, will we experience a slow down in speed and by how much?

3) Will we lose any amount of functionality with that amount of SKUs?

Inventory
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

We recommend 15k max. There's no hard limit but 80k is well above what we test. I'd expect you to experience significant slowdowns at that number, using our apps to manage and make sales with that inventory. Our apps really aren't designed to deal with massive inventories like this. You may need to develop, or have developed a specialized application for this purpose.

I don't know if you really have 80k unique inventory items, but you you can consider organizing your inventory with fewer items that are subclassified with modifier groups, if it makes sense. It's the difference between having

T-Shirt - S
T-Shirt - M
T-Shirt - L

and,

T-Shirt: S, M or L
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered

An issue with that is that the S M or L might have different SKUs. For reporting purposes it'll be a mess too.

I've uploaded 24k items onto a client, all in 2 excel uploads, you'll need a reliable stable network connection (preferably dedicated) in order to minimize the slowdowns, but it won't run as beautiful as you might wish. For retail I wont recommend it if it has a high volume of sales through out the day.

Keep it at 15k or less if possible.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community