question

techpay avatar image
techpay asked techpay commented

Can we update the "inventory sdk" and insert it into the clover "register apk" and then compile it to actually run.

I have a live production account with clover.

We need to create a formula in item based on amount which is a number. Like an excel formula to do calculations when a number is entered.

For our needs: If > 0 < 25 = add $1 If > 25 < 100 = *.04 If >100 = add $4.00

Specifically We need to update and add a price type or Enum Constant and Description as "formula" next to price.

image description

Our question is how can we update the "inventory sdk" and insert it into the clover register apk and then compile it to actually run.

com.clover.sdk.inventory.item

Look at Price Type and to the right where enum constants are listed ; fixed, variable, unit. " we need to add "formula" here

https://clover.github.io/clover-android-sdk/index.html?com/clover/sdk/v3/inventory/Item.Constraints.html

This is copyrighted material @ 2016 - Teck Pay -- CPRLLCNJ - Consent must be given to distribute or use this credit will be given to who solves this dilemma.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered techpay commented

Specifically what you are asking is not possible. Our apps are not open source. You can however do something like listen for line items being added to orders, and update the order (or line items) to have discounts, or add other line items, etc. Take a look in the SDK under ACTION_LINE_ITEM_ADDED.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

techpay avatar image techpay commented ·

Thank you Jeff,

We will work on this code this week and let you now what happens we are not looking to update the item with discounts we want a reverse discount (a service charge) to be added based on the conditions above. Well let you know how it goes where is there a direct chat line available to you to have close to immediate support for this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Note that our Happy Hour app does something similar to what you are referring to so you might take a look. It's not OSS but you can take a look at the UI. The logic for adding discounts is time based not amount based but other than that. No we do not have live engineering support. You can PM me here and I'll do the best I can.

0 Likes 0 ·
techpay avatar image techpay commented ·

Thanks Jeff,

That application is locked to the parameters within inventory and item. I wish I can have the source code to manipulate the whole system and work on a collaborative effort in creating a new "register" version or product.

We are making progress slow as it may be but some progress.. The clover environment is very set in its ways and we have to be creative to have it work as we want it.

What advice do you have in removing "No Tip" and changing "custom" into "others" ... this screen comes after choosing payment method. Then you choose and you sign.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

What you are asking for is access to our Payments app (that screen you are referring to is not Register). Like I said, the app is not customizable so your option is to develop your own app that conforms to your specifications.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community