question

wsadiq avatar image
wsadiq asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

How to turn on optical scanner on mobile

I recently purchased Clover mobile for development. I had a Clover mini before. Clover mini had a camera based QR code reader, that was very good at reading QR codes. I am really struggling with Clover mobile.

Clover mobile has a laser based scanner which sucks at reading QR codes from a phone screen, probably because of the glare from the glass screen.

My questions are:

1) Does Clover mini have a camera based QR code reader? The little tiny manual that came with mobile mentioned that there was a camera behind the Clover logo on the top left but absolutely no mention of how to turn it on.

2) With Clover mini, an icon appears on the bottom left that can be used to manually turn on the scanner. I have been trying for several weeks to figure out how to turn that camera on, and have asked Clover dev several times also, but no luck.

Can anyone tell he if it is possible to use mobile's camera to read QR codes and if so, how to turn it on?

Thanks for your response.

Waqar

Clover Mobile
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

No, Mobile does not have camera-based barcode reader.

I just tested a few on-screen QR codes and was able to read them easily. Can you link the code you are trying to read? I realize of course the lighting, screen reflectivity, etc. can effect the scanner's ability to read it successfully.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community