question

qtmcgee avatar image
qtmcgee asked qtmcgee commented

Does Clover have any issues with screen sharing the clover device for customer support requests?

I'm building an app that provides Clover Merchants with support requests to the developer. I'd like to be able to screen share the Clover device to the developer/support-end. Does Clover have any issues with screen sharing the clover device?

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

There is no remote support functionality exposed to developers. This is a developer forum. For end-user related questions, please visit https://help.clover.com/.

0 Likes 0 ·
qtmcgee avatar image
qtmcgee answered

Jeff, This is a development question. To clarify, I'm building an app that provides support to Clover Merchants. My question is, can I allow screen sharing from the clover device to the support end device? Or will Clover disallow (or even frown upon) this?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered qtmcgee commented

No, that's not technically possible. Allowing third parties applications to capture the screen would raise some untenable security issues.

3 comments
10 |2000

qtmcgee avatar image qtmcgee commented ·

It actually is possible for Android. I was just concerned with whether or not Clover disallowed this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

I didn't know that. Can you link to a reference?

0 Likes 0 ·
qtmcgee avatar image qtmcgee commented ·

Yeah. There's an SDK called OpenTok that provides the functionality.

https://tokbox.com/developer/guides/s...

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community