question

tastingroomdu avatar image
tastingroomdu asked tastingroomdu commented

Setting a Table Number when Creating An Order Through API

Hey folks,

I'm trying to figure out how to designate or set a table number when creating a new order through the clover API.

I can't figure it out! Any ideas?

Currently I'm passing the customer Name & Table number through a note in order for the POS to receive that information about and order ex: "Jenny @ 6" - thanks in advance!

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered tastingroomdu commented

Unfortunately we do not expose an interface for tables. The only way to create an order associated with a table is using the Tables app.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tastingroomdu avatar image tastingroomdu commented ·

That is unfortunate. How about... once I have placed the order through the API (this would be similar to creating an order in the orders app from a clover station) can I then assign an order to a Table from the POS?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Again, the only exposed manner of associating an order with a table is via the Tables app, sorry.

0 Likes 0 ·
tastingroomdu avatar image tastingroomdu commented ·

Hey Jeff, not to beat a dead horse... but if we build an app for the clover machine would we be able to access the Tables app with the Android SDK?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community