question

dbriese avatar image
dbriese asked dbriese commented

Submit App: How to submit the supporting programs for our android app?

We are targeting the Clover Mobile device and using the secure payment intent to process credit card transactions. We will not be making our app available in the Clover marketplace. However, we do need the apk signed so that it can be installed on a production Clover Mobile device. Therefore, I need to submit the app for approval.

We do not have a standalone apk. We have some windows exe's and dll's and a database that can be installed on any Windows machine, that are required for our apk to function.

I will also need to provide some documentation. How do we submit these additional items?

Thank you

Clover Mobile
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Can you please elaborate on what you are doing? If your app won't be available in the Clover marketplace, how will it get installed to a production Clover device?

Are you expecting Clover to manage deployment of Windows artifacts to a Windows machine?

0 Likes 0 ·
dbriese avatar image dbriese commented ·

Hello Jeff,

I am not expecting Clover to manage deployment of Windows artifacts. I only expect Clover to digitally sign our apk so that it can be installed on a production Clover mobile device. In order to run our app you will need some windows programs. I expect that once our apk is signed we will be able to install it to select merchants via our developer account or their merchant account. The windows programs are needed for the testing / approval process only.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered dbriese commented

In your question, you state:

We will not be making our app available in the Clover marketplace.

The only way to deploy applications to Clover devices is via our app store. If you are asking if there's a way for us to sign your APK so you can manually install it to specific Clover devices, no, there's no way to do that. For security reasons Clover devices do not allow applications to be sideloaded regardless of how they are signed. Why can't you go through the app store?

Is the reason that your app is only available for certain merchants as you say, so you don't want it exposed in the app store? If that's the case, it's something you can make clear in the description, and you can code the app to phone home and reject running on all but the approved merchant accounts.

?

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dbriese avatar image dbriese commented ·

Yes the reason that we do not want to be in the app market, is because we do not have a stand alone app. It is possible we will end with the solution of being in the marketplace anyway, using the description and showing a message to a casual user that happened to install it without the supporting windows applications. We were just trying to avoid all that if possible. However, even with all that in order to get my app approved, the application approval department there at Clover is going to need these windows applications and documentation. Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

I've asked internally to get information on how you will go about that, or if it's even required. Someone should be responding to you here shortly.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community