question

bste2174 avatar image
bste2174 asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Donate button

I have a client that would like a donate now button on their website. They currently have a Clover Flex In the office....

e-commerce api
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Two options:

1) A bit more work to implement but more customization:

You can use our ECommerce API, specifically the charge API (assuming you want to make a payment that is not associated with a Clover order). More information here https://docs.clover.com/docs/ecommerce-accepting-payments (please see the side menu for more documentation on our ECommerce API). The easiset approach is the iFrame.

2) Easier to implement, but less customization:

You can use our Hosted Checkout API - https://docs.clover.com/docs/hosted-checkout-api.. The merchant can make some minor UI customizations to the page via their merchant dashboard.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bste2174 avatar image
bste2174 answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Thanks for such a quick response....when using these two options am I still needing to submit for Clover approval enen though I am doing it for one merchant? If so I am assuming i am creating a new app and then submitting it each time I would need to setup this button function for a single merchant?

3 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
If your plan is to support a single merchant you can use merchant tokens and don't need to submit an app.
0 Likes 0 ·
bste2174 avatar image bste2174 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
I saw that clover has different levels of support...can I pay for a higher support or how is that support level determined? If I can buy that please point me to the way I do that please....
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ bste2174 commented ·

I know there has been some discussion about it but I am not sure if we officially have a paid option. You may want to contact developer relations and ask - https://community.clover.com/articles/33197/new-email-address-for-all-clover-developer-support.html.

0 Likes 0 ·
bste2174 avatar image
bste2174 answered

Excellent...just wanted to make sure I was thinking that through correctly...

10 |2000

bste2174 avatar image
bste2174 answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

It seems like I can use the Clover-hosted iframe but I am a bit confused on where the app resides (server) if I don't need to get an app approved and can use it for a one off solution for a single merchant...

"This charge operation must be a server-to-server call. Clover software is shown in green, and your app's software is shown in blue."

this is taken from this link.

https://docs.clover.com/docs/using-the-clover-hosted-iframe

Any help or direction would be very appreciated...even if you can point me to someone that may be able to help...

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

You can't make the payment call directly from the browser. The merchant whom you are developing this solution for has a server that is serving their webpages. Hopefully, they have some dynamic capability (php, etc.). You will, for example, send the token to the server (some php scripts, etc.) and make the payment call from there.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community