question

spiceappmatt avatar image
spiceappmatt asked chrispetchey answered

Is there a way to allow a merchant I know to test our web app while we await approval?

I have a web app submitted and in the approval process, but I want to start testing it in a live production environment before it is generally available in the app market. I know a couple of merchants who use Clover and would be willing to put an Android device in the kitchen and do testing while we await app approval. Is there any way to do this, or is the app only available to test merchants tied to the developer account until approval?

Also, I tried to set up a release group to roll out to testers before full availability in the app market, but it seems to only be available for fully integrated apps designed for Clover hardware. Is there a way to set up release groups for a web app?

Lastly, what is the average wait time for web app approval at the moment?

App MarketMerchantapp approvals
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Your app will only be available to the test merchants tied to your developer account until approved. You may want to contact developer-relations@devrel.clover.com as there are ways for apps to be manually pushed to merchants, however, I don't believe that can be done until the app is approved.

A release group doesn't make sense for a web-app.

I am not sure about the wait times but in general I think it is 6-8 weeks (in some cases it can be shorter and in some cases it can be longer).

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

spiceappmatt avatar image spiceappmatt commented ·
Thanks for the info, I'll email devrel to inquire further about manually pushing. I guess I'm misunderstanding the use of release groups. I would like the web app to have limited availability until we've let a few merchants test it in the real world.
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ spiceappmatt commented ·

Release groups allow developers with a native app to limit the rollout of a specific APK to certain merchants. There really isn't a way to gate a web-app like that once it is public in the app market. You would have to work with devrel, e.g. they may be able to approve your app and make it private for a period of time.

0 Likes 0 ·
ranveersigh123 avatar image
ranveersigh123 answered

With Blink Streamz, you get access to a wide range of free live TV channels spanning different genres. Whether you're a sports fan, a movie buff, or a fan of exciting TV shows, Blink Streamz has something for everyone. Enjoy seamless streaming of your favorite content directly to your Android device, anytime, anywhere.

10 |2000

chrispetchey avatar image
chrispetchey answered

So is the idea that I would create a test merchant account in my sandbox developer account and give my customer access to it (as an employee) ?

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community