question

redfalcon5 avatar image
redfalcon5 asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Automatic Printing for Online Orders

Hi, when I get online orders from my ecwid website, the orders come to my Clover POS System, but I have to manually click print to send the order to the kitchen. On busy days, I often forget to click print and a customer will show up for whom we have nothing prepared. Online orders are logged under the name "sales". Is there any way that I can utilize this name to develop a solution that will automatically print orders from "sales"?

Print
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered redfalcon5 commented

There is nothing out of the box that is going to allow you to do this. Many third party apps have a native app that prints orders as they are paid for. We also have a print API coming (in the next few months) which will allow developers to trigger a print via our REST API. You may want to suggest this as a feature enhancement to Ecwid.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

redfalcon5 avatar image redfalcon5 commented ·

Hi David, would I be able to do this using the clover android sdk?

0 Likes 0 ·
redfalcon5 avatar image
redfalcon5 answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Hi David, would I be able to create an app using the clover android sdk that could do this for me?

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Yeah, I would guess so (not specific on the details of how you would identify the orders, etc. and generally, you would want to print once the order was paid for, not created). But, that is a lot of work and would require the app to go through our approval process.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community