question

jonathanci avatar image
jonathanci asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

CodeLab : RemotePayCloud : Cloud Pay Display does not launch automatically

I am doing the codelab : Remote Pay Cloud tutorial with a dev kit and at the point where CPD should show automatically, it doesn't. I think that the connection is done because if I try to reconnect, a 503 error pop in console like in this other post "https://community.clover.com/questions/23527/websocket-error-when-sending-a-request-from-codela.html"

But the first time i click, i get no error, but CPD is not showing.

Remote Pay CloudCloud Pay Display
5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

geomichel avatar image geomichel commented ·
Hello Jonathan, I am working on a project similar right now. And I am stuck because I ran CodeLab code, followed the tutorial. And I'm at the point where when I run the code it should say my device is connected on the RemotePayCloud web app but it doesn't... Any advice, I`m assuming you already solved your problem.
0 Likes 0 ·
jonathanci avatar image jonathanci geomichel commented ·
It worked for me if the CPD was start manually on the device
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ geomichel commented ·
You need to provide some more details, let's start with what you see in the browser console, any errors in the console or network tab? What are the details of those errors?
0 Likes 0 ·
geomichel avatar image geomichel commented ·
And, I also keep getting a error about my access token not being authorized... error 401

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ geomichel commented ·

How are you obtaining the token? For Remote Pay Cloud your token will need to have Merchant Read permissions (permissions are set from your app's config in the Developer dashboard). If your app does not have this permission then you need to enable it and then uninstall and re-install your application from the dashboard. More information here - https://docs.clover.com/docs/401-unauthorized

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Have you tried manually starting Cloud Pay Display? The mechanism that auto starts CPD may be having an issue in sandbox.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jonathanci avatar image
jonathanci answered

It works when I start CPD manually, but I have to prove that the code works before implement it in our app.

Message: {"method":"REMOTE_ERROR","version":0,"errorDetail":"We could not start Cloud Pay Display: A non-200 response (404) was received from the Clover server. Please manually start Cloud Pay Display on your Clover device.","errorMessage":"Unable to start Cloud Pay Display. Please manually start Cloud Pay Display and then attempt to establish a connection.","errorCode":"NotConnected"}

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community