question

vishalrp avatar image
vishalrp asked mcdonald235 Suspended answered

Android Emulator Secure Pay Crashed

Hello, whenever I try to run a pre-auth in the sandbox environment, the Secure Payment app crashes. Is payment something that can be tested in the sandbox environment?

Is there a list of dependent apks that need to be installed for pre-auth to work?
SandboxEmulatorsecure network pay display
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vishalrp avatar image vishalrp commented ·

Also, I installed the apks from https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/developers/dev-apks

The com.clover.engine-2044 doesn't even let me add the account (keep getting 401 unauthorized). Instead I installed version 2039 and that worked. However the rest of the apks are the latest ones.

0 Likes 0 ·
Danielle Cox avatar image
Danielle Cox answered
Unless they have changed things, you can not emulate secure pay. It has to do with how the actual hardware works. So, I don't think you can make this work on an emulator.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vishalrp avatar image
vishalrp answered David Marginian Deactivated commented
Thanks Danielle. Is there no way then to simulate opening an Order and paying for it (even by manually entering the credit card information) from the emulator?

After more reading I understand that there are different payment methods, Network Pay, USB Pay and Cloud Pay. Would none of them work in the sandbox environment? I can get the API to work, however I'd like to use the emulator to pay for a test transaction.

Thanks again for your help.
1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

All of those apps rely on secure payments. The only way is to order a devkit.

0 Likes 0 ·
mcdonald235 avatar image
mcdonald235 Suspended answered davinawells edited

I have some advice for this topic Restart the emulator: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary issues. Close the emulator and start it again to see if the problem persists. Update the emulator: Make sure you are using the latest version of the Android Emulator. Check for updates and install any available updates that may address known issues or bugs. Clear app data: If the Secure Pay app within the emulator is crashing, you can try clearing its data. Go to the "Settings" on the emulator, locate the "Apps" or "Application Manager" section, find Secure Pay, and then clear its data and cache. Launch the app again to see if it works properly. Reinstall the app: If clearing app data doesn't resolve the issue, you can try uninstalling Secure Pay from the emulator and then reinstalling it. Visit the Google Play Store within the emulator, search for Secure Pay, and reinstall the app. dunkinrunsonyou.com

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community