question

coder12 avatar image
coder12 asked coder12 commented

Attach labels to order for automatic printing

I have a clover device setup to automatically print orders with certain labels, I am creating a order through the web api and I want to attach the labels to the orders so that they automatically print. what field do I attach these label items to? Do I attach them to the line item or orders as I don't see a property for labels on either objects.
OrdersREST APIClover MiniPrintLineItems
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

You'd need to describe what is a "label"? A string tag? Are you printing order receipts or payment receipts?

0 Likes 0 ·
coder12 avatar image coder12 Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

@Jeffrey Blattman Order receipts I believe, when fire is hit on the clover dining app, the receipt is automatically printed based on the item label. I am creating a webapp that creates orders but I need to attach the label/tag for it to auto print on order. Where would I attach this label/tag.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Jeffrey Blattman commented
Items have labels. That is copied into the line item when added to an order. I'd suggest experimenting with Clover apps (inventory, printers) to set up labels it might give you a better understanding how the system works.
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

coder12 avatar image coder12 commented ·
@Jeffrey Blattman thanks I will and I have one final question, If I place an order with the label and the printers are set to print depending on the label, will it print the receipt when I order using the rest api. I heard you can only communicate with the printers via android sdk but I can just do it the way I suggested and set a printer to a label and when I submit an order with the label of items it will print to the designated printer?
0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ coder12 commented ·

It will not.

You need to write an app that runs on the device and initiate printing from there.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered coder12 commented
@coder12 we have built an app to do this if you want some more info, feel free to drop us a line support@tickett.net
1 comment
10 |2000

coder12 avatar image coder12 commented ·
@Lee Tickett I would love to get more info I am sending the email now. Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community