question

mesamtimmar avatar image
mesamtimmar asked chanel Deactivated answered

Call clover Rest APIs from AWS lambda function

I am using clover APIs for the first time. I want to fetch sales data for items of a particular merchant using merchant ID. Is it possible to call clover Rest APIs from lambda function or is it the case that we can only call clover Rest APIs through a published app in the clover app store?

EDIT: For a normal API call, we need to get the API token from clover server which involves authorizing merchant, specifying the ID of our application (client id) and the secret key of our application. Authorizing merchant results in a redirect to our app.
Now instead of calling clover APIs from our published application, if we want to call clover APIs from a lambda function, how do we get the API token? Because in this case, we do not have an app ID, no app secret key, also no redirect URL to our app which clover server redirects a user after authorizing. In short, is there a way to get API Token in a standalone function like AWS lambda function? Which also comes down to if there is a way to authorize a merchant from a lambda function without redirecting it to the clover login page? (Assuming we have merchants credentials)
REST APIOAuthAuth
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

morenoh149 avatar image morenoh149 commented ·

can you highlight in what ways your scenario is different from a normal api calling clover apis? That would help you get an answer

0 Likes 0 ·
mesamtimmar avatar image mesamtimmar morenoh149 commented ·

Thanks, @morenoh149 for responding. I have updated the details. Hopefully, my question is clear now.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
chanel avatar image
chanel Deactivated answered
In order to use Clover's API for production purposes, you must have an approved app (website or Android app). This approved app must live on Clover's App Market.

Any apps that do not comply with the above will be in violation of our Terms of Service ( see Section 2.1 here)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community