question

tickettenterprises avatar image
tickettenterprises asked c716524 commented

Sharing Clover Apps in Sandbox

Is there a way to share apps with multiple people so they can download the latest APK from their sandbox app market without having to change package names and uploading to each Developer member?

Currently, an app in development can only be accessed and downloaded by one account. To share this with others APKs need to be uploaded with a different package name on their dev environment account else it can't be uploaded and they can't have access to it.
App MarketSandbox
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered Lee Tickett commented
I believe I understand your question a bit better.

For the sake of sharing apps within a development team (for multiple people working on the same app), you can take advantage of the members feature on your developer account.

You cannot download apps that are not your own in sandbox. If the app is not uploaded on your developer account, you cannot download it. This is intended, as Sandbox is strictly an environment for development.
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lee Tickett avatar image Lee Tickett commented ·

I think collaboration between different developers is common. We are also building apps for resellers so would like them to be able to beta test etc.

Do you think this is something you may be able to cater for at a later date?

0 Likes 0 ·
zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered c716524 commented
You may want to take advantage of the member feature. Make all the developers admin members of the Lead Developer's account.

See our docs on Developer Account Roles (Members) here:
https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/developer-account-roles
4 comments
10 |2000

Lee Tickett avatar image Lee Tickett commented ·

Can you elaborate on this?

We don't really want to make a 3rd party an admin of our developer account. Would that allow them to install it on one of their development merchants?

We had someone else make us an admin on their developer account but we still couldn't seem to get it installed onto one of their development merchants.

0 Likes 0 ·
zgreathouse avatar image zgreathouse Lee Tickett commented ·

These questions seem like they would be better vetted by the App Market Business team. This forum is specifically for developers to ask technical questions with regards to Clover app development. Please contact appmarketbusiness@clover.com

1 Like 1 ·
c716524 avatar image c716524 Lee Tickett commented ·

Could you ever solve this? I started a new thread and only saw your discussion afterwards. It seems we have the exact same problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
c716524 avatar image c716524 Lee Tickett commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community