question

davidatgreen4 avatar image
davidatgreen4 asked keithryanwong Deactivated commented

Secure Network Pay Display / Windows POS Integration

Hi, I am trying to integrate our Windows POS with Clover Mini and clover Flex. I have 2 questions:

1. How do I get the Secure Network Pay Display app? I cannot find it in the developer app store.
2. Would you expect the latest POS sample to work with USB Pay Display? I have installed USB drivers and see Clover Mini Merchant Mode in Windows Device Manager but it fails to connect when I use the USB option in the sample POS.

Thanks
semi-integrationsSandboxsecure network pay display
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

keithryanwong avatar image keithryanwong commented ·

To provide more accurate and timely answers, we need more context about your semi-integration solution. Please fill out this information discovery form - https://goo.gl/forms/xIWnym9wwdZhiEYw1. Note that we will keep all your information private and will not disclose it to any other party.

Thanks,

Keith

0 Likes 0 ·
davidatgreen4 avatar image davidatgreen4 commented ·

I have completed the questionnaire but fail to see how this info will help with regard to my questions above.
To be clear I have the latest version of the Windows SDK and developer kit for both Flex and Mini. The Secure Network Pay Display app does not appear in the Sandbox App Store. How do I get it? We are based in the EU but I had to order kit from USA.
We are actively engaged as a partner with First Data in the UK

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

keithryanwong avatar image
keithryanwong Deactivated answered keithryanwong Deactivated commented
Hi @davidatgreen4,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our form. Our policy is to require this form before answering any questions.

Secure Network Pay Display is not available for UK/Ireland integrations. Can you tell me whether or not the developer/merchant account is on the EU server?

The latest POS sample for the remote-pay-windows SDK should work with USB Pay Display.

I suspect the problem may be that the SDK is not able to create/read a necessary file due to not having administrative privileges. Completely separate from the connection, when the SDK starts up it tries to access the Windows Application Log. If the log doesn't exist, the SDK fails to initialize and does not cause the Clover to flip into Customer Mode.

The easiest way to fix this problem is to run the POS as an admin once. The log will be created if it does not exist.

Please let me know if this fixes your problem or not.

Best,
Keith
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davidatgreen4 avatar image davidatgreen4 commented ·

Thank you, that resolved my issue. USB Pay Display is fine for our current application. Secure Network Pay Display will be useful in the future. Can I assume that this is coming to the EU app store soon?

0 Likes 0 ·
keithryanwong avatar image keithryanwong davidatgreen4 commented ·

Hi @davidatgreen4,

I'm glad that worked! I do not have visibility into the roadmap for EU, so I can't say whether it is coming out or not.

Best,

Keith

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community