question

ari avatar image
ari asked ari commented

How can I disable the keyboard pop up from my application? My application has its own keypad.

My application display a keypad for entering numbers, so the keyboard is not necessary for all screens, except one. How can I control whether the keyboard pops up or not?
Clover Station
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Miguel avatar image
Miguel Deactivated answered ari commented
Since our platform is Android based, the solution is the same for a regular Android app.
You'll need to add the following to your EditText attributes:
 android:focusable="false" 

Example:
<EditText android:layout_width="wrap_content"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    android:id="@+id/amount_edit_text"
    android:maxLength="15"
    android:minEms="15"
    android:inputType="numberDecimal"
    android:focusable="false"
    />
5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ari avatar image ari commented ·
We are developing an app deployed to the sandbox and are testing using the devkit. We tried your suggestion and still cannot disable the keyboard pop up.

,We are testing in sandbox using the devkit. We tried your suggestion and still cannot disable the keyboard.
0 Likes 0 ·
Miguel avatar image Miguel ari commented ·

Can you define "disabled" and in what contexts?

0 Likes 0 ·
In our UI, we have added our own keypad graphic for entering numbers to input fields. We want to suppress the automatic pop-up of the Android keyboard.
0 Likes 0 ·
Miguel avatar image Miguel ari commented ·

Automatic pop-up on app launch, automatic pop-up when EditText is put in focus, both? The solution really depends on the specific flow and use case you are trying to accomplish.

Here are a few resources I found when searching online. They may be of use, but I haven't tested these myself:

0 Likes 0 ·
Not on launch, when EditText is in focus. Thanks for the suggestions, we'll have look.
0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community