question

meerchant avatar image
meerchant asked jems-ford Suspended answered

Is there an Intent or Android SDK call to send a line cut command to the printer?

I looked at the printer related sample apps, and I saw a lot of examples of printing various objects including images, but I didn't see any examples of sending line cut commands. By a line cut command, I mean sending a command to the built in printer to perforate or cut the printer paper roll. For example, lets say you just printed a receipt, can we send a command to cut the paper after the printed receipt or does a human have to rip off the receipt from the roll? I'm not sure if the Clover Mini printer has the hardware to support this functionality.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered Jeffrey Blattman commented

Cover mini and the mobile printer sold for clover mobile do not have an automatic paper cutter. Clover station will automatically cut the paper when the receipt is finished printing.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

To augment Jacob's answer, the Clover Android SDK provides higher-level print functions ... like print a receipt, or print an image. It does not expose lower-level printer functions like cutting. A cut will be performed automatically at the end of a print (if the specific printer has cutter hardware).

0 Likes 0 ·
jems-ford avatar image
jems-ford Suspended answered
In Andriod, you can give the command to the printer for printing the document in SDK. It is very popular because you can simply execute the print command. If you are facing any type of issues related to the Canon Printer Please visit https://www.canonprintersupportnumbers.com/blog/how-to-fix-canon-printer-offline-error/
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community